Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Too cold



So, this morning it was colder than it has been here in ten years! (Why me?) The temperature got down to -22F/-30C. Local schools were closed, so my kids were very happy, as was I. (K would have been skiing with her class today, and I'm glad she'll be able to do that when it's a little warmer.) Many of our windows were iced over--I couldn't see out of the kitchen window at all. With the icy windows, piles of snow outside, and long icicles dangling from the sides of the house it's almost reminiscent of Varykino in Dr. Zhivago, although not nearly as pretty.

3 comments:

Cellista said...

Well, I feel warmer now. Thanks!! I've been just freezing this week, and we're nowhere near 22 below!

:) Kristiana

Lucy said...

It does sound like the scene from Doctor Zhivago. Try to stay warm; spring will be lovely.
Love,
Mom

Angela said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I should have given my Gap fleece pullover to you since I hardly use it here -- and you could definitely use it in that winterland. I feel the same way about cold weather; bundle up and drink hot cocoa to survive!