Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thank goodness for books!



With all the snow days we've been having lately (8 more inches last night!), I'm so glad we all got new books for Christmas. We do have a library in town, but when it's snowing, or just icy cold outside, I'd much rather stay home and pull some books off our own shelves. Here are some books the kids have enjoyed reading recently:

The Little White Horse, by Elizabeth Goudge

The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale

The New Way Things Work and Pyramid, by David Macaulay

Encyclopedia Brown series, by Donald J. Sobol

A Million Dots, by Andrew Clements and Mike Reed

The Snowy Day and Whistle for Willie, by Ezra Jack Keats

Around the Year, by Tasha Tudor

3 comments:

Cellista said...

I love the Macaulay books! A would be all over the New How Things Work one. I'll have to look for it. I love getting new book recommendations. Thanks!!

By the way, we want to come up your way sometime. There's a new Egypt exhibit opening in a few weeks in Idaho Falls. It runs through November, so that's a mini-vacation we could take this year and hopefully meet up. Let me know what you think.

mj said...

Sounds great! Email me when you have plans. We'd like to see that exhibit too.

Lucy said...

These pictures of Katherine and the program are wonderful. I am sure it was a great experience for all of you. Love, Mom