Monday, June 23, 2008

Looking back after a year

A year ago this week we left the UAE, and I'm feeling just a bit nostalgic...


Camels near Al Ain


Desert storm


I still want to know what these road surprises are (stray camels?)


Finding geckos in our house occasionally was always fun


Snorkeling at "Rainbow Lagoon," our favorite beach, near Dubai


Climbing sand dunes in Liwa


Relaxing majlis-style


Walking along Abu Dhabi corniche


Visiting the east coast of the UAE


In Buraimi, Oman, our neighbor city

I hope we can go back someday, to visit at least. And I hope it doesn't change too much, but of course it will change. (Just please don't put an indoor ski slope on Jebel Hafeet!)

3 comments:

Lucy said...

What amazing pictures! What an interesting place to spend three years. I'm glad you included the kids in the photos.
Love,
Mom

Angela said...

Those sand dunes are beautiful and ginormous! Your photos make me wish we could have visited while you were there.

Kendra said...

That's awesome you got to live there for a little while. What a great experience.