Monday, August 11, 2008

Our summer, continued

Last summer was so hectic for all of us with traveling, moving, working, visiting, etc., that we've enjoyed taking this summer easy. B has had field trips, to Grand Canyon and Hawaii, and will be going away for a conference later this month, but the kids and I are enjoying our summer here in Idaho.



C finished a community golf class (despite the first two classes in June being canceled for snow and hail!). Golf is one of his favorite games, and since neither B nor I golf, we are completely relying on others to help him learn to play. I wish we could help him with this ourselves (maybe someday?), but he enjoyed the community class.



We have our first vegetable garden growing in the backyard, which has been fun. (We grew a couple of banana trees in Al Ain, but weren't there long enough to see them produce bananas--the summers were a little too hot even for them, I think.) We've already harvested some peas, and look forward to some corn and pumpkins in a few weeks!

The kids have also enjoyed the Nature Park:







We have just over a week until school starts, but we're going to enjoy this warm weather for as long as we can...

2 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't know C likes golf. We've got plenty of that around our town. Do you know who K reminds me of? Anne of Green Gables dancing by herself until Gilbert walks up. :) I like your photos. That one of C is classic! N said, "No, that's me!"

Kendra said...

That's fun Colin likes golf!